March was a decent month as far as reading, writing, and books in general.
- Shakespeare’s “Twelfth Night”
- Holly Black’s “The Darkest Part of the Forest” (current read)
- Katie Heaney’s “Dear Emma”
- Jeff Zentner’s “The Serpent King” (March Owl Crate: Writer’s Block)
- Shanker & Zekas’ “These Vicious Masks”
- V.E. Schwab’s “A Darker Shade of Magic”
- Cassandra Clare’s “Lady Midnight”
Owl Crate: Writer’s Block
My very first Owl Crate; I got it because the theme was “Writer’s Block” and I took it as a sign that it was about time I finally order one! I really like the banned book socks and the quill. I haven’t gotten into the little prompt book because I have one that I’m currently working on that I bought from Barnes & Noble this year. The book isn’t something that I’d typically read so I’m saving it for much later. However, I use the quill-pen whenever I write letters, now!
- Shakespeare’s “Much Ado About Nothing”
- Cassandra Clare’s “Clockwork Princess”
Although I didn’t finish my TBR for this month, I tend to only read 2-3 books a month, so this isn’t that bad. This is an average month.
On February 28th, I’d reached 60,008 words. It’s been approximately a month since then and my current word count is 87,162. So what does this mean? Around 27,154 words written in the month of March! That’s pretty dang exciting to see because I had had no idea before this moment that I’d written that much this month.
I’m only a chapter away from finishing the first draft. I’d thought that I’d be done by now but a lot has been going on outside of my book-life this month so I haven’t had the time (or the guts) to finish it. So this nicely sums up March for me!