Who else? I’m just curious, but are any of you participating nanowrimo this November? It’ll be my first time joining, so I’m pretty stoked for it. Before all the wonderfulness that is novel writing, however, I have to finish editing my first before I can start on the sequel.
Here’s what I’m going to be doing (in list form):
- finish reading Wuthering Heights for my Victorian literature class due in October
- read Crown of Midnight and Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children to complete my October TBR
- finish editing the first draft of my novel – The Strain of Rebellion
- make the corrections and send out 3 copies to my close friends to reading/further editing purposes
- outline the general plot points for the sequel – The Era of Awakening
- start writing the first 40,000 words of it for nanowrimo 2016 on November 1st
Yes, I know that I’m not going to be writing a full novel in the month of November. Instead, I’m tweaking the goal a bit for my needs, which would be to write approximately the first third of the sequel. Does anyone else do that?
I’m interested in any comments that anyone has regarding the novel writing challenge, so please comment your thoughts if you have done it in past years or if you will be doing it this year!