I’d like to thank Twin Reads for the nomination!
1. Thank the person/persons that nominated you and link back to their blog.
2. Answer the 11 questions your nominator has given you.
3. Nominate 11 other people and give them 11 new questions to answer.
4. List the rules and display the award
1. Why did you start your blog in the first place?
I’ve always loved books and when I first started reading and writing more, I wanted somewhere to write down my thoughts to keep track.
2. Have you ever had a blogging slump? How did you get through it?
I’m in a blogging slump right now. This is how I’m working through it, haha. It’s just been difficult to write Reader Reactions to everything I read, so I pick and choose. I probably update once or twice a month, but I need to work on getting that number back up to a couple times a week.
3. What is another hobby you have besides blogging?
I love reading and writing! Manga, anime, young adult novels, and my own novels are the center of my hobby-life.
4. What is the first movie you remember seeing in the theater?
I saw 27 Dresses when I was younger. That came out in 2008, so it’s only been 9 years, but that’s as far back as I can remember. We didn’t really go to the theatre that often, but I do remember that one!
5. When are you most productive? Morning? Afternoon? Never?
Night. That’s when all of my reading and writing and meeting up with people gets done.
6. Would you consider yourself more a family or friends person?
Depends on the family and friends, which is a terrible thing to say – I know! Honestly, the people who I’m really close to are a mix of both.
7. Do you share your blog with your family and friends?
No. I think 2 people I know in RL have seen my blog because I trust them not to judge me. xD
8. What was your first blog post about?
Oh goodness, I think it was just a little introduction. Nothing big. I started my blog around Christmas, so I remember that one of the very first (because I’m too lazy to go back and actually check) was about a poetry book that I got for Christmas. I love Tyler Knott Gregson and my mom had bought me one of his books to give to me a little early. I sat up reading it before I started my blog that night.
9. Do you play any sports?
Dear goodness no! I’d hurt everyone.
10. Do you play any instruments?
After three years of lessons, I know the basics of piano, though I never got good enough to comfortably read music and play from sight. I struggle with reading sheet music something terrible…
11. What was the last thing you ate?
I had a McDonald’s apple pie because I’m obsessed with those. They’re so unhealthy, but I don’t give a hoot!
3. Jade M. Wong
1. What was your favorite book as a child?
2. What is your favorite genre to read?
3. Why did you start your blog?
4. If you could pick just one dessert to eat (and no others) for the rest of your life, what would you choose?
5. What’s been your favorite read of 2017 so far, and why?
6. What’s your favorite blogging spot?
7. Is there a certain song or playlist that you listen to while you read or blog?
8. What is your least favorite movie adaptation, and why?
9. If you were stranded on an island (with no wifi), what 3 items (that can in no way be related to escape) would you choose to take with you?
10. What is your favorite summer pastime?
11. What is something that you have a collection of (besides books or movies)?